Looking to get certified in digital marketing? Considering ways to jump-start or advance your career?
We are glad that you decided to pursue a career in digital marketing. You are taking steps in the right direction. A digital marketing course can give you actionable knowledge, enhance your resume, and create an expert in you.
Finding a digital marketing course provider that will make your journey as easy as possible comes down to two questions: How do you want to take your courses? Do you prefer to take them online or in person?
In this week’s featured blog post, our online marketing course instructors share with you some guidance on whether you should follow a marketing course online or offline.
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing is an umbrella term that covers vast topics. Essentially, it refers to any marketing and advertising techniques that are conducted through online channels. These channels include social media, email, mobile apps, and websites. All channels have one thing in common – they help introduce consumers to your company and convince them to do business with you.
The list of digital marketing strategies is constantly evolving. The rules are in a constant state of influx, as well. It takes a professional to be able to navigate these constantly changing conditions, which makes certification even more important.
Some of the digital marketing strategies being used today:
- Pay-Per-Click advertising
- Social Media Marketing
- Online Brand
- Web Design and Web Development
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Local SEO
- Online Reputation Management
- Email Marketing
- Paid Social Media Advertising
The Value of Digital Marketing Courses
The impact of a digital marketing course on professional development is immense. One of the most enticing aspects of digital marketing courses is that there are no strict prerequisites. Some knowledge of specific digital marketing concepts (e.g., social media, organic search, and online branding) and how they relate to one or more interesting industries would be foundational. Other appealing aspects include meaningful knowledge, usable skills, and recognizable qualifications. Digital marketing courses are designed to allow professionals to learn and apply knowledge and skills that can help them in their job or further their careers.
The courses are not just useful for job seekers or people looking to advance their careers. They are also helpful for employers and senior-level executives. By having opportunities to learn, increase your skill sets, and stay up to date on the latest trends, all professionals can improve their worth and add to their company’s overall value.
Digital Marketing Course Online vs. Offline: Which Option is Best for You?
Online and offline marketing courses both have their advantages. In some cases, people prefer online modes of learning digital marketing, while others prefer offline methods to learn digital marketing. Below, we have included some factors for you to consider when deciding on which delivery method is right for you.
- Online Marketing Course: Online courses are completed asynchronously. They do not require real-time interaction and course material can be accessed when it is most suitable.
- Online Marketing Course: Offline courses require real-time, face-to-face class meetings. They typically take place at set times and set places as determined by the institution.
- Online Marketing Course: Online courses are relatively inexpensive. The costs are lower because online delivery of a course results in cost savings for the provider. Some courses are even offered for free. The basic requirements include a high-speed internet connection and computer access.
- Online Marketing Course:Offline courses are expensive in comparison to online courses. The costs are higher because the provider needs to have a classroom available and a teacher on certain dates and times. This does not take into account travel time and costs for the course taker. Rarely, offline courses are offered for free.
- Online Marketing Course: Online courses are offered through easy-to-use learning management systems (LMS). They can easily be accessed from anywhere and anyplace, via a desktop computer or mobile device.
- Online Marketing Course: Offline courses take place in a fixed location, with a fixed schedule. They also require you to travel and be on time, which may conflict with your work schedule.
- Online Marketing Course: Despite misconceptions, online courses do have some social interaction aspects. The courses are hosted on collaborative Learning Management Systems (LMS) to encourage regular communication, discussions, and brainstorming.
- Online Marketing Course: Offline courses enable its participants to interact with their instructors and classmates in a traditional classroom environment. Each class comprises a lecture or seminar followed by some group activity or opportunities to network.
Digital marketing courses offered online are more flexible, affordable, and convenient than traditional in-person courses. However, to ensure a right fit, the following criteria must be met:
- Your career objective
- Your Budget
- Your Timeline
If you are clear on the following criteria, the next step is to find an institution that will help you reach your goals. When searching for a provider, be sure to ask about past reviews, the syllabus, and course content. This information will help you differentiate between the hundreds of course providers who provide similar courses.
DMAC Offers a Free Social Media Marketing Course to Help Close the Skills Gap
Yes, you heard us right. DMAC is giving back to Canadians in these trying times. We are offering our Facebook and Instagram 10-hour online course, with certification for free. No strings attached and no credit card required.
Learn new skills by following one of the best social media marketing courses of 2020 online! The course is ideal for all individuals interested in learning Facebook and Instagram marketing and advertising, including:
o Traditional marketers who want to learn more about Facebook and Instagram marketing quickly.
o Recent marketing graduates who want to stand out with recruiters when applying for a job.
o Business owners looking to leverage Facebook and Instagram’s advertising power to engage customers online.
o People looking for certification in social media marketing.
Some of the topics covered in our course are:
Importance of Social Media in today’s world of advertising.
o Importance of Social Media in today’s world of advertising.
o Creating Facebook and Instagram marketing strategies
o Defining your Social Media marketing goals
o Running successful Facebook and Instagram ad campaigns
o Monitoring Facebook and Instagram marketing performance and analytics