New social media apps are popping up all the time. Some fail because their features are copycats of big players. Others are bought out only to be shut down, such as Vine which was bought out by Twitter. Clubhouse, an audio-only and invite-only mobile social networking app, is different and has temporarily broken through.
Clubhouse is a hybrid of conference calls, talkback radio, and Houseparty. The mobile platform works differently from other social networks. It does not provide feeds full of photographs, videos, and memes. Instead, it contains a bunch of digital rooms in which people can join and talk to each other. Clubhouse is only available on IOS devices; however, its rooms can be accessed from Android devices and the web.
The digital marketing world is abuzz about this new social media app. It offers an innovative and new way to connect with like-minded people. But it also offers new opportunities to market your business. You, as a digital marketer, can use it to engage in conversations related to your business or create rooms where people can ask questions or find out more information about your products or services.
In this blog post, our online social media marketing course instructors introduce you to the Clubhouse app as an effective digital marketing tool. All the information you need to know about the app can be found in this blog post. From information about its users and how it works, to what makes it popular. We also offer some practical tips on how to use it to market and grow your business.
Who Uses Clubhouse?
The social networking app owes much of its success to celebrities and some of the biggest names in Silicon Valley. Browse through the app and you may discover Oprah, Kevin Hart, Drake, Chris Rock, and Elon Musk. You may even stumble upon a chat that they host. This is a big part of Clubhouse’s appeal – users get the chance to hear, and even participate in, honest conversations with famous and influential people.
Other than celebrities and business tycoons, the social network is seemingly focused on people it refers to as “elite clientele”. It became a status symbol in the Silicon Valley world. The whole invite-only approach was taken very seriously. As a result, the platform has seen amazing user growth in the past couple of months. The app has grown from 600,000 registered users last December to over 10 million users as of this month.
How Does Clubhouse Work?
As previously stated, Clubhouse is an invite-only and audio-only platform. This means that if you want to join the app, you must be brought in by someone who already has it. It also means that you are not seeing the other users face-to-face, but just hearing their voices.
Clubhouse rooms work differently from Twitter chats and Facebook groups. They are not complete free-for-alls. They are more like conference calls with a set of users who act as moderators on a virtual level. The moderators, who can speak freely, can call on audiences to participate and talk. A subtle gray halo around a user’s photo indicates that the user is speaking.
You can follow people or clubs to find out when they are moderating or participating in rooms. If you click on the calendar icon, you can see a suggested or unfiltered list of rooms happening at any given time.
Why Is Clubhouse Popular
There are two main reasons for the social network’s surge in popularity.
The first reason has to do with the CoVID-19 pandemic. Clubhouse was able to fill some of the void created by the pandemic. Before the restrictions and social distancing, people could attend local events and meetups. They could attend live concerts. They could participate in expos. With none of that happening, Clubhouse is the place to connect synchronously with people you do and don’t know and listen to how they’re thinking about things right now.
The second reason has to do with the invite-only nature of the app. The app is only available to a small group of enthusiastic users. It affords users the unique opportunity to connect with an elite network of tech giants, celebrities, and activists. That’s what makes it so appealing. People are jumping at the chance to make connections, both professionally and personally.
4 Tips for Using Clubhouse to Market Your Business
- 1. Create A Room– Schedule the room in advance to maximize reach. Scheduled rooms can be seen by users and followers in the “Upcoming for you” section of the app. Clubhouse also allows you to append a specific topic that is connected to your industry or a vertical topic to the room. For maximum exposure, it is worthwhile to consider collaborating with a special guest or expert in the field.
- 2. Add a Bio – A bio plays a big part in letting other users know who you are and what you do. Unlike other social media platforms, there is not much to add to your profile except for your photo and bio. This is your only chance to convince others why they should follow you and join you for a conversation. Things to include in the bio are expertise, interests, and profession.
- 3. Change your profile picture– If you sign up through another social media account, Clubhouse automatically grabs the profile picture from the linked account. Not all profile pictures imported from other apps show up well on Clubhouse. The beauty of Clubhouse is that it allows its users to upload customized profile pictures. Take advantage of this feature!
- 4. Listen in On Different Groups – When you first enter the app, you will have the feeling of “I have no idea what I am doing” and “How does this app work?” If you are feeling the same way, the best thing to do is to jump into a few groups and put yourself out there. Practice makes perfect and you will get the hang of things very fast. In several groups I’ve been to, people were chatting about all the functions of the app and how Clubhouse works.
Time to get started!
Now that you are up to speed with Clubhouse, it is time for you to take the stage. When doing so, make sure to always have honest and meaningful conversations. Like on any platform, be genuine and offer helpful information. Only this way you will be able to create meaningful connections with prospective business partners, customers, or other people.
DMAC Offers a Free Online Social Media Marketing Course to Help You get Ahead in Your Career
You heard us right, Digital Marketing Acadmey of Canada (DMAC) is giving back to Canadians in these trying times. We are offering our social media marketing course with certification for free. No strings attached and no credit card required.
Learn new skills by following one of the best social media marketing courses of 2020 online! The course is ideal for all individuals interested in learning Facebook and Instagram marketing and advertising, including:
o Traditional marketers who want to learn more about Facebook and Instagram marketing quickly.
o Recent marketing graduates who want to stand out with recruiters when applying for a job.
o Business owners looking to leverage Facebook and Instagram’s advertising power to engage customers online.
o People looking for certification in social media marketing.
Some of the topics covered in our course are:
• Importance of Social Media in today’s world of advertising.
• Creating Facebook and Instagram marketing strategies
• Defining your Social Media marketing goals
• Running successful Facebook and Instagram ad campaigns
• Monitoring Facebook and Instagram marketing performance and analytics
No need to look for another social media short course; Click HERE to enroll today!
Read some of our student testimonials here.
About DMAC – A Leading Provider in the best social media marketing courses online.
yourDMAC.com is a great place to learn how to create and implement engaging and successful social media marketing campaigns. We offer social media marketing courses with certificates, and customized corporate training seminars. Here you can learn and have a more hands-on experience. We customize all our corporate training sessions and we show your company how to create strategies and techniques to manage their social media marketing campaigns internally.