What Are Some of The Latest Digital Marketing Trends? 2023 Edition
1. Short-form video content
Short-form video content refers to videos that are typically under 60 seconds in length. The ideal duration of short-form videos usually ranges from 30 to 60 seconds, but it can vary depending on the platform. These videos are designed to be quick and easy to watch, allowing viewers to scroll through and enjoy several at a time. They are like bite-sized pieces of content that you can quickly watch and move on to the next one.
Why is it worth using?
- Short-form videos are enjoyable because they can be easily and quickly shared with your friends. You can share a reaction through a short video in just a few seconds, and this social aspect is one of the reasons why they are so popular.
- One of the big companies that popularized Short-form video content is TikTok. This social media platform has grown at an extremely fast pace, reaching a whopping 1.53 billion users in just seven years.
- YouTube Shorts hit 50 billion views per day, up from 30 billion in 2022.
- More than half (55%) of TikTok users made a purchase after seeing a brand on the app.
2. Adopting ChatGPT
ChatGPT combines two advanced technologies: Chatbots and GPT (Generative Pre-trained Transformer). Chatbots engage in natural conversations with customers, providing personalized assistance. GPT is a language model developed by OpenAI that generates human-like text based on user input.
Why ChatGPT is important for marketers
Chat GPT collects customer data, giving businesses insights into preferences and needs. This helps improve products, target marketing, and enhance the customer experience. It also personalizes interactions by analyzing data, understanding customer preferences, and generating customized responses. This personalized approach boosts satisfaction, builds relationships, and improves digital marketing results.
How ChatGPT can be used in Digital Marketing:
- ChatGPT helps with content marketing by providing personalized recommendations and deep understanding to a customer.
- By remembering the conversation between the user and the chatbot, it suggests relevant content based on the user’s interests, preferences, and pain points.
- It can generate unique content ideas, write compelling headlines, and compose social media posts.
Social Media Caption
- Using ChatGPT’s natural language processing capabilities, it can help with writing social media captions.
- Using generated personalized captions resonates with the target audience, increasing social media engagement and brand awareness.
- ChatGPT can adjust to different caption formats and styles to identify and the most effective way to engage with the audience.
Content Calendar Creation
- Generated content ideas can be added to a content calendar for planning and scheduling across various platforms and channels.
- Using ChatGPT to generate captions and other content ideas can save time and improve efficiency.
- The Chatbot understands customer preferences, pain points, and interests which generates content ideas that are aligned with the target audience.
3. Brand Humanization
Brand humanization is the process of giving a brand a relatable and approachable personality, allowing it to connect with customers on a personal level. This involves developing a communication style and brand identity that resonate with people, recognizing that emotional connections lead to higher engagement.
Techniques for humanizing a brand include:
- Storytelling, where real experiences and personal narratives are shared to create authenticity;
- Developing a unique personality through voice, tone, and communication style;
- Practicing authenticity and transparency by being open about values, processes, and vulnerabilities;
- Engaging with customers through active listening, response, and personalized interactions;
- Implementing personalization to cater to individual customer preferences and needs.
By humanizing the brand, businesses can differentiate themselves in the market, build trust, and cultivate loyal customer relationships.
4. Diversifying Social Media Channels
Channel diversification refers to advertising your brand’s products and services on multiple social media platforms to reach more potential customers. Instead of sticking with just one social media platform, channel diversification involves utilizing and integrating several different channels.
How it helps:
- One of the benefits of channel diversification is that you don’t have to rely on just one platform. Relying on one platform is sometimes risky because of how quickly social media changes over time.
- Diversifying Social Media channels can also help by reaching your audience in many different ways. Whereas Instagram is a visual platform and can be used to connect with your audience through images, Twitter can be used to update your audience in real-time.
- Social Media platforms change their algorithms, monetization models and other features on a regular basis. This can sometimes work to your advantage or disadvantage. By being diversified, you are provided with the flexibility to focus on the channels that work to your advantage.
5. Investing in Influencers and Content Creators
Working with influencers increases brand exposure by reaching a large, engaged audience that traditional marketing may not reach. Influencers’ followers are interested in their content and are more likely to pay attention to promoted products or services, leading to greater brand awareness.
Partnering with influencers in marketing helps you reach a bigger and more interested audience. They have loyal followers who trust their recommendations. By collaborating with influencers who resonate with your target market, you can introduce your brand to new people who are likely to be interested in your products or services.
Influencer Marketing is a smart choice for businesses, especially smaller ones and startups, who want to advertise without spending too much. While Influencers can be expensive, a small business or start-up have the opportunity to start their campaign with a smaller and more affordable influencer. Traditional ads on TV or in print can be super expensive, but collaborating with influencers can offer a more affordable option. You can reach a wider and more engaged audience at a fraction of the price of traditional advertising prices i.e., TV, Radio, Print. The best part is, with just one effective partnership with an influencer, you can reach a broad audience and make a real impact on your brand.
About DMAC | Online Digital Marketing Course Certification
DMAC – Digital Marketing Academy of Canada and its online courses will help you learn the necessary skills to become a certified Digital Marketer. DMAC offers online courses that teach the fundamentals of Social Media and Digital Marketing. After completing the online course, you receive a Certificate of Completion. A DMAC certification will help you prepare and obtain employment in the Digital Marketing industry.
DMAC also offers customized corporate training seminars that are created in accordance with your company’s needs. We customize our Digital Marketing training to teach your company or organization the latest techniques and strategies that are successful for your specific industry.