Pinterest is a personalized social media platform that offers a mix between social networking and original photography. Pinterest was founded in 2010 by Paul Sciane and Evan Sharp. Pinterest is a free social media website offing a mobile application where users create and share visual boards. Users can upload, save and manage images and other media content.
Pinterest is an effective tool for B2C and B2B’s of all sizes and sectors. Below are a few tips on how to utilize Pinterest effectively in a social media campaign:
Convert a Page to a Business Page
Last year Pinterest added a business profile page as an option. A business page will not appear differently to users. A business page provides analytics and metrics that can be helpful information (i.e. pin metrics, the ability to determine the target audience to want to reach of your website’s content, the number of visits to your page etc.) in order to determine which posts worked and which didn`t. Also, create boards that are representing your brand and add boards related to your brand and make your brand names appear.
Build Solid Relationships
Use Pinterest to build influential relationships using high quality content you want to engage in. Locate online influencers that have already caught the attention of your target audience. Like their page, re-pin their content and post engaging comments. Make sure to choose the pins that have generated a high level of activity. Another effective way to engage with potential clients is to use Pinterest as a collaborative tool. Initiate a group board, select a theme to attract your audience as well as invite trend setters and prospects to join your group.
Promote Your Pinterest Page
From the outset, it is important to connect your other social media pages to your Pinterest account. Encourage companies to add a “Pin it” and “Follow” button to their company website. The button is easy to activate and Pinterest provides detailed instructions on how to do it. You can get the word out about your Pinterest business page by sharing your pin content on other social media channels.
- Engage and follow
- In order to build a Pinterest following of qualified users do a search of relevant keywords, and then start to follow people who are sharing boards with similar content. Follow pertinent people that would be relevant to your industry.
- On Pinterest, you can converse and engage with users by commenting on popular pins about engaging topics.
- In addition, to be effective with the Pinterest community you should re-pin other users’ content. By doing so, you are telling users you like the pins that you are pinning. It is more powerful than a “like” because it appears on the pin board.
- By the way, give a special importance and value to other Pinterest users for their creativity, and hard work. It is also a great way to increase your presence.
- Run a Pinterest contest
To create brand awareness, running a Pinterest contest is very popular. When you run a contest, people have to follow you in order to participate; it is a great tool to gain followers. Here are a few contest ideas you can run on Pinterest:
- A contestant creates a pinboard related to your industry or a specific topic that you choose, and the most creative pinboard is the winner.
- Provide images that contestants can repin. You choose the winner based on the highest number of likes and repins they have received.
Don’t forget to optimize your Pinterest contest for mobile devices. Also, keep focused on your target market when you are choosing a prize. The more appealing it is to users, the more followers you will attract.
Located in Toronto, Canada and servicing students globally, Digital Media Academy of Canada (DMAC) helps you to grow your audience through online social media courses which will help you thrive in the digital marketing industry.
Check out our most recent posts
- How to Prepare a Digital Marketing Strategy After CoVID-19 | yourDMAC.com
- DMAC Offers Free Online Social Media Certification to Fill Current Skills Gap
- Top 5 Digital Marketing Productivity Tools for Remote Working
- How to Evolve Your Digital Marketing Strategy in times of CoVID-19
- How an Online Digital Marketing Course Impacted my Career in Marketing | Testimonial